Wednesday, May 29, 2013

If you code, they will show.

The showing of thy tiny webpage!

Hah, by now I'm sure you're absolutely enthralled by my witty tittle's, and catchy headings. Not to worry, I still have a lot of "corny-ness" to share with everyone! ;-)

So tonight has been an eventfully productive night. I have completed the 3rd challenge in a long series of challenges. This most recent challenge involved text editors, and choosing one that works best for you (me). Then typing out the hand-written code from the previous challenge, and seeing if it works once saved.

I have previous experience in Notepad++ so that was the one I originally decided to use. This editor has a lot of functionality and you can also change the appearance and feel of the editor. After typing up the code in Notepad++ I developed a curiosity. I'm currently using Windows 8, so I have the Windows 8 marketplace accessible through my computer. I did a quick search through the marketplace and stumbled upon an app call "Code Writer". This app had great reviews and could handle what I would be using it for (HTML / CSS) so I decided to go ahead and give it a go. I downloaded the app, selected the document type that I wanted (HTML), and it pulled up an editor for me. The cool thing about this editor is that it already had the basic framework already entered for you.. All you really needed to do was enter the additional code that you wanted.

After typing the hand-written code out in both editors I saved both files, and then opened them both in the browser to see how they were displayed and if there was any variance between the two.. There wasn't, they both displayed the exact same thing the exact same way. I think I kind of like the "Code Writer" more than Notepad++, but I think the later actually has more functionality. Only time will tell I think!

The finished product.

Hasta la próxima mis amigos - Manténgase Innovador!

--Red Squall

1 comment:

  1. Just want it to be known that I noticed an error on my code on the second screenshot. I should have closed my paragraph with the </p>.

    ReplyDelete